The Green Way, Royal Borough of Greenwich
Client: Royal Borough Of Greenwich
SCMS Associates are working with the Royal Borough of Greenwich to provide full RIBA Stage 1-7 MEP & Sustainability services in respect of the largest modular affordable housing scheme to date in the United Kingdom, all being fully constructed using MMC.
Spread across the Borough, across multiple sites & schemes, the Greenwich Builds programme includes, but not limited to the following:-
- 1000 to 1600No. Modular Apartments & Houses
- 100% Affordable
- New Community & Retail Facilities
- Improved Car Parking
- EV Charging
- BREEAM Excellent
At the centre of both SCMS and the Greenwich Builds master plan in Greenwich, is the desire for all schemes to achieve a minimum of Net Zero, with no gas or fossil fuel burning technologies being permitted.
The Greenway consists of 2no 2b4p maisonettes, both constructed using structurally insulated panels (SIPs) by the SIPs contractor, being one of the only construction methods available to achieve the net zero target coupled with a fabric first approach, the homes built on The Green Way contain the following.
- Efficient performing fabric beyond the recommendations of Building Regulations Part L 2020 and in line with the Future Homes Standard Fabric Plus Technology Option 2
- Dual aspect windows to allow passive cooling
- Individual high efficiency air source heat pumps (ASHPs) to each unit
- LED lighting throughout
- Mechanical ventilation with heat recovery (MVHR) to each unit
- 4kWP Photovoltaic Panels (PV) to each house